Behind the Headlines är en brittisk tjänst som kommenterar medicinska nyheter i massmedia och som granskar de forskningsresultat som ligger bakom rubrikerna.
The service is intended for both the public and health professionals, and endeavours to:
- explain the facts behind the headlines and give a better understanding of the science that makes the news,
- provide an authoritative resource for GPs that they can rely on when talking to patients, and
- become a trusted resource for journalists and others involved in the dissemination of health news.
The website also contains useful tools for patients and members of the public:
- Clinical trials and medical research: clinical trials explained, including how to take part in one and why medical research is important
- Video: ask the doctor: Make the most of your doctor’s appointment by finding out in advance what questions to ask
- NHS Atlas of Risk: Compare cause of death and health risks based on age, sex and where you live (England)